[Demi-devel] New here!

Andrew Pollock apollock@debian.org
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:01:36 +1000

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:12:47AM +0100, Guido Trotter wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've read on d-d about the demi project, and I'm very interested in it,
> because it would be very useful for my work...
>
> Since I know perl, and I've recently began to learn python I hope I can
> cooperate to make this project real and working for sarge! :)
>
> For now I've subscribed to this list and I'm waiting for information on how
> we should proceed...
>
> Thanks for the great idea,

Hi Guido,

It's early days yet, there's only essentially three people on this list so
far. I'm still trying to get some thoughts straight in my head about how to
proceed, I really want this to be a quality piece of work. Hopefully you've
had a read of what's at demi.alioth.debian.org so you've got an idea of what
I've got in mind...

At this stage, I'm going to get a database schema together and throw that up
on Alioth for feedback I think. I'll also try and get the proof-of-concept
shell code I've written at work up on Alioth this week, to give people an
idea of what I've got in mind.

It would be really awesome if we can get the fundamentals sorted out in time
for the release of sarge.

regards

Andrew