[Demi-devel] Re: Developer for demi

Andrew Pollock apollock@debian.org
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:28:57 +1000

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 07:03:13AM -0600, Leo Eraly wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I'am interested in helping you with the development
> of demi.

That's great.

> I'am a system administrator myself,and we have a lot
> of debian machines in our network.
> Therefore i was looking for a central update solution
> and that's how i noticed your project.
>
> My programming skills are
> perl
> php
> bash
> java
> some c.
>
> What are your plans with the demi project?
> Is there something i could help you with?

Well things have stalled a bit because I've been at Uni, but the midyear
break is coming up, so I can hopefully put in a solid couple of weeks.

There's some proof of concept code up on the Demi page on Alioth. The game
plan at this stage is to write it in Python. For now, subscribe yourself to
the demi-devel list on Alioth, and have a look at the proof of concept
stuff, and if you have any design suggestions, please send them to the list.
Also take a look at the list archives to see what we've discussed (it isn't
much) so far.

regards

Andrew