[Demi-devel] Break the silence...

Leo Eraly leo at e-concepts.be
Sun Nov 13 18:10:25 UTC 2005

> > http://leo.unstable.be/projects/versionner/images/demi-design1.png
> >
> > Has a design about what i have in mind right now.
> > It has your idea about using ssh. I like that idea because the reasons you
> > supply are secure and well considered.
> >
> > The reason why the interface is so important to me is that we sometimes
> > have to give our customers the ability to check the status of the
> > machines we manage for them.
> > A good and useable interface which gives a simple yet accurate overview also
> > determines the success of tools like these.
> >

> Yes definitely. I would like to also produce a Nagios plugin, so that there
> would be some integration between Demi and Nagios. That way if clients are
> already given access to a subset of Nagios for their monitored hosts, they
> also see whether the host is up to date with respect to security updates.

That should be very easy if we define a good set of functions which can
be called on the central server. This way the plugin can request the
state (OK or WARNING) just by supplying the hostname or something as a parameter to
the appropriate function.

>From the past threads i remember that you would like to implement this
central server in python?
By looking around already for some information i found the following project
which we can use to implement the transport.
http://pyssh.sourceforge.net/

How can we start from here? Should i already write some specs about how
we should implement everything. Maybe some proposals for function(names)
already? Database design?

Greetz

L.

Leo ERALY