licensecheck still broken

Dominique Dumont dod at debian.org
Wed Nov 18 17:43:00 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 18 November 2015 08:41:42 Nicholas Bamber wrote:
>         Sorry I have not replied.

No problem. I am sometimes also "distracted" by real life...

>         The thing is I don't care how licensecheck copes with difficult
> cases  like pdf files or whatever. I know some people do and obviously you
> need to engange with them. all I care about is that when licensecheck is in
> recursive mode it does not miss any files which it would handle
> correctly if asked explicitly. I have had the impression it is prone to
> this, but I have been remiss in not checking this out more throughly.

Yes, there was a bug, And using 'file' to select files to scan was not a good
idea.

> Next time I get this impression I will persue it. I almost thought I had
> found this recently but it turned out to be my misunderstanding so for
> now I have no feedback.

You'll be welcome to test the next version of licensecheck (as Jonas) to make
sure that the old behavior is correctly restored

All the best

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org