devscripts testsuite failure in git repo (debian)

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Wed Feb 3 11:06:48 UTC 2016

Hi

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 01:23:30PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Monday 01 February 2016 21:15:34 Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Agian, ./test_licensecheck_SL fails.
> >
> > Dominique, did you check before your commit?
>
> Yes, I did check test_licensecheck, but I tends to forget
> test_licensecheck_SL.

It's good since it was not problem on my end.  This oversight happens
to everyone.

(Your thought is understandable since you did not touch
test_licensecheck_SL with the previous commit.)

> Sorry about that. I'll fix this.

Thanks.  But I have a question.  This test fails with the updated
licensecheck command but the fix is updating the test code.  Why?

This made me think can this test code made more robust?  Since this
test_licensecheck_SL is consistency check against another dataset
offered by another program, every updates of Software::License seems to
cause build failure of devscripts.  I wonder how easy it is to make
backport.  If it is an optional sanity check for the latest unstable
system, maybe we should disable this for build on non-unstable builds.
Backport etc., should not need to run this as a part of their build.

What do you think?

Osamu