[Dict-common-dev] Re: Including aspell pwli files in the dict-common policy?

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:26:33 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

> We already added automatic generation of *-ispell.pwli files in
> dictionaries-common (version 0.6.2).  This works apparently quite well and,
> in the future, we could extend the same thing to the aspell dictionaries.

Just to let everybody know that we have implemented a similar scheme
for aspell dictionaries. Only aspell dictionaries providing flavours
of a language will need to use this system, so they are properly
registered in the pspell 'region-to-spelling.map' file, but it can also
be used to generate and install a pwli file for each dictionary.

Those changes are currently in the sf CVS version, not in the package
released at sourceforge and are still very experimental, but seem
to work as expected.

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html