[Dict-common-dev] New official ispell package in Debian

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:20:21 +0200

Hi all,

(David, I am CC'ing you, since I do not know whether you currently have
time to follow this list. Let me know if you follow it, so I stop cc'ing)

David, I have seen the new ispell package in official Debian due to the
non-free stuff in some minor sections of the ispell sources. We must
update the packages at sourceforge to avoid clash with that one. I have
prepared an updated package in case you cannot do it now and would like
to upload it to sourceforge. Please let me know whether you find any
inconvenience about that.

There is however a problem related to that. I am starting my summer
holidays in a couple of days. So, although I tried to do a careful
merging of the changes in my package, if any problem arises I will
probably not be there, but if we do not do the ispell upload all our
current ispell stuff at sourceforge will be blocked for people running
unstable by the higher version package at official Debian. We would at
least need to properly check the new package this week. Can some of you
do that further check this week?

Also, what do you think about a transition process from the old system
to the new one at the middle/end of september?

Please, let me know what do you think about this.

Cheers,

Agustin

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html