[Dict-common-dev] Re: Including aspell pwli files in the

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:10:43 +0200

[ I am, in principle, incommunicado during the present week.  However, I
  could find a time window to check my email. ]

* agmartin@aq.upm.es <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-07-02 15:53]:

> > Only because that what is used for the requirements of the
> > 'ispell-dictionary' and 'wordlist' virtual packages.
> >
> Oops, I was so pressed by time that could not check the policy document,
> and I had in mind that this was mandatory. I do not remember why this
> dependency was not harder. Rafael, do you remember why?
>
> As a matter of fact, seems that is not mentioned that ispell dicts must
> depend on ispell. I will check that more carefully next week.

I do not remember the details of our previous discussions, but it seems to
me that every ispell dictionary package _must_ indeed provide
ispell-dictionary.

As well, it sounds obvious to me that ispell dictionary packages _must_
depend on ispell, otherwise the package is useless.  Since the new,
policy-compliant ispell package will depend on dictionaries-common,
everything will be okay.

BTW, when aspell will be integrated in the Policy, something similar in
terms of dependencies has to be done, eventually.

--
Rafael