[Dict-common-dev] Re: Including aspell pwli files in the

agmartin@aq.upm.es agmartin@aq.upm.es
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:44:47 +0200 (CEST)

> I do not remember the details of our previous discussions, but it seems to
> me that every ispell dictionary package _must_ indeed provide
> ispell-dictionary.
>
> As well, it sounds obvious to me that ispell dictionary packages _must_
> depend on ispell, otherwise the package is useless.  Since the new,
> policy-compliant ispell package will depend on dictionaries-common,
> everything will be okay.
>
> BTW, when aspell will be integrated in the Policy, something similar in
> terms of dependencies has to be done, eventually.

I already put it as 'should' for aspell, but I also think a stronger
relationship for both ispell and aspell dicts is better. Next week, when I be
back from Poland, I will try to do some work on that section, changing that
'should' to 'must' and adding the required dependency on ispell or aspell for
dictionaries (dicionaries-common currently only suggests ispell).

I hope also to have time to think about how all that regions-to-spelling.map
stuff can be done for aspell dictionaries. As I currently see things only
aspell dicts needing to register themselves in the .map file would need to use
some sort of aspell-info file. That would be optional for other aspell
dictionaries. I hope to have things more complete next week.

Cheers,

Agustin