[Dict-common-dev] [Guillaume.Allegre@imag.fr: paquet dictionaries-common]

Guillaume Allègre Guillaume.Allegre@imag.fr
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:36:58 +0200

Le jeu 11 jui 2002 à 17:12 +0200, Agustín Martín Domingo a écrit :

> (Reading database ... 78234 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace ispell 3.1.20-21.1 (using
> .../ispell_3.1.20-30.2_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement ispell ...
> Selecting previously deselected package dictionaries-common.
> Unpacking dictionaries-common (from
> .../dictionaries-common_0.6.5_all.deb) ...
> Adding `diversion of /usr/share/pspell/region-to-spelling.map to
> /usr/share/pspell/region-to-spelling.map.orig by dictionaries-common'
>
> So, seems that everything works here as expected. Guillaume, can you
> give us more details? I see in your log
>
> >  The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >   iamerican ibritish ifrench-gut ispell libpspell-ispell1 wenglish
> >  The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >     dictionaries-common
>
> and I cannot understand why in your system ispell is due to be removed
> instead of simply upgraded with that one at sourceforge. Had your ispell
> something special?

No, nothing (to my knowledge).
I can't understand why apt-get worked fined to install
dictionaries-common, but no other package from the SF repository.

I've just added these 2 lines in my /etc/apt/sources.list :
deb http://dict-common.sourceforge.net/testing ./
deb-src http://dict-common.sourceforge.net/testing ./

but when I update :
ROOT# apt-get update
Hit ftp://libris.grenet.fr woody/main Packages
Hit ftp://libris.grenet.fr woody/main Release
[...]
Get:1 http://dict-common.sourceforge.net ./ Packages [9059B]
Ign http://dict-common.sourceforge.net ./ Release
Get:2 http://dict-common.sourceforge.net ./ Sources [3883B]
Ign http://dict-common.sourceforge.net ./ Release
Fetched 12.9kB in 0s (16.5kB/s)
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done

> >As expected, the old ispell package has been removed, due to the Conflicts
> >relationship.
>
> This should happen only if there is no higher version ispell available,
> otherwise would have been upgraded.

For apt-get, the higher version (on SF) remained unknown. I had to download
and install it by dpkg.

Thanks for your care on this pb.
Regards,

--
° /\     Guillaume Allègre   Guillaume.Allegre@imag.fr    +33 04.76.51.45.55
 /  \/\  Equipe Géométrie Algorithmique     /    Computational Geometry Team