[Dict-common-dev] [Guillaume.Allegre@imag.fr: paquet dictionaries-common]

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:17:44 +0200

Guillaume Allčgre wrote:

>>and I cannot understand why in your system ispell is due to be removed
>>instead of simply upgraded with that one at sourceforge. Had your ispell
>>something special?

I tested it with woody apt (0.5.4). May be apt has changed default
behaviour in different versions. I do not think my preferences file (for
pinning) has something to do here.

> No, nothing (to my knowledge).
> I can't understand why apt-get worked fined to install
> dictionaries-common, but no other package from the SF repository.
>
> For apt-get, the higher version (on SF) remained unknown. I had to download
> and install it by dpkg.

You mean that 'apt-get install ispell' knew nothing about sf ispell?
This is indeed strange.

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html