[Dict-common-dev] Inclusion of flyspell.el

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:17:29 +0200

* Agustín Martín Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-07-12 12:47]:

> By the way, why do we provide flyspell?.

flyspell.el has been added to the package when merging changes made by
Roland Rosenfeld.  Here is the changelog entry:

    dictionaries-common (0.3.6) unstable; urgency=low

      [snip]
      * emacsen-support/flyspell.el: Added file, with a 1-line patch from
        Roland.
      [snip]

    -- Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@icp.inpg.fr>  Wed,  3 Nov 1999 15:12:34 +0100

I do not remember the specific reason to include the file, but Roland had
one, for sure.  Perhaps because is was not yet integrated to (X)Emacs.  I
also do not remember which was the mentioned 1-line patch above.  Roland?

> (a) Remove flyspell.el from dictionaries-common
> (b) Remove flyspell.el from the list of emacsen to be byte compiled.
>     This has probably some conflict with the emacsen policy.
> (c) Contact Manuel Serrano, flyspell.el author, asking him for help.
>     This is probably a good idea even if we remove flyspell.el, since
>     flyspell should not check ispell existence during byte-compilation,
>     only during program run.

My choice is (a), if there is no need to patch flyspell.el for working
properly with the emacsen support of dictionaries-common.

--
Rafael