[Dict-common-dev] Re: Inclusion of flyspell.el

Roland Rosenfeld roland@spinnaker.de
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:53:56 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere schrieb am Freitag, den 12. Juli 2002:

> > By the way, why do we provide flyspell?.
>
> flyspell.el has been added to the package when merging changes made by
> Roland Rosenfeld.

> I do not remember the specific reason to include the file, but
> Roland had one, for sure.

I also don't remember (dictionaries-common is some years old now and
still not merged into Debian...).  I think that the problem was, that
there was no or only a quite old version of flyspell.el in some the
emacs19/emacs20/xemacs20 packages (same problem as with ispell.el,
which we also ship in dictionaries-common).

In the good old times flyspell.el was changing fast, which resulted in
outdated versions of it in most emacsen packages.  So it was a good
idea to ship this with dictionaries-common.  If all emacsen packages
come with a recent version of flyspell.el now, we can remove this from
dicitionaries-common.

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--