[Dict-common-dev] Are we ready or dict-common migration?

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:13:39 +0200

Replying to my own message:

* Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de> [2002-06-14 16:59]:

> Yes, I think so.  Even if it may not be complete (is it worthwhile to
> include aspell support? what about abiword?), [...]

I just checked the AbiWord situation.  The AbiWord executable (from the
abiword-gtk package, I did not check the abiword-gnome package) is linked
against libpspell4.  This means that just by introducing Pspell support in
dictionaries-common, we got AbiWord support for free, at least for
dictionaries providing pwli files.

Indeed, if I launch:

    $ LANGUAGE=fr abiword

the correct spelling language "French (France)" is selected (because the
ifrench package has the file /usr/share/pspell/fr-ispell.pwli).

However, I do not know how to select language variants (like pt_BR and
pt_PT).  Of course, I can launch either:

    $ LANGUAGE=pt_PT abiword

or:

    $ LANGUAGE=pt_BR abiword

and the correct language will be selected [viz. "Portuguese (Portugal)" or
"Portuguese "(Brazil)"], but the selected pwli file seems to be always
pt-european-ispell.pwli.  Indeed, I cannot see how abiword could translate
the language variant identification "PT" or "BR" into viz.
"pt-european-ispell.pwli" or "pt-brazilian-ispell.pwli".

Any clue?

--
Rafael