[Dict-common-dev] Experimental support for regions-to-spelling.map

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:22:38 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

 > Merging is rather complicated to implement, since the
 > regions-to-spelling.map file is always generated from scratch in the
 > present implementation.

We can parse the diverted file. But yes, it is much simpler to have
their values hardcoded as starting authoritative values and for each new
entry with a Locale field check whether the key is already defined and
if not add the entry to the hash. This structure can also be used if
aspell makes its way into the policy, since aspell dicts will provide
entries duplicated with respect to those from the equivalent ispell dicts.

 >>I will do. First I would like to know what Domenico Andreoli thinks
 >>about this.
 >

 > Me too.  Is he hearing to this mailing list?

He said he was, but you can check that as list manager for
dict-common-dev. I am also cc'ing him this mail just in case.

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html