[Dict-common-dev] Experimental support for regions-to-spelling.map

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:39:03 +0200

* Agustín Martín Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-06-17 15:22]:

> We can parse the diverted file. But yes, it is much simpler to have their
> values hardcoded as starting authoritative values and for each new entry
> with a Locale field check whether the key is already defined and if not add
> the entry to the hash. This structure can also be used if aspell makes its
> way into the policy, since aspell dicts will provide entries duplicated
> with respect to those from the equivalent ispell dicts.

Do you know which entries in regions-to-spelling.map are required/imposed by
aspell?  Your suggestion above is quite straightforward to implement, but I
have to have the requested info.

At any rate, I am quite happy that Domenico pushed us towards integration of
Pspell support.  We obtained AbiWord support (almost) for free and it will
open the way for all applications using libpspell (sylpheed-claws and balsa,
among others).

--
Rafael