[Dict-common-dev] Experimental support for regions-to-spelling.map

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:08:38 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

> Do you know which entries in regions-to-spelling.map are required/imposed by
> aspell?  Your suggestion above is quite straightforward to implement, but I
> have to have the requested info.

I think that is the same as for ispell dicts, no entry is strictly
required unless you have the dict installed, but my experience with
aspell is very low. I would suggest putting only those three english
variants currently in regions-to-spelling.map (american, british and
canadian), that corresponds to the english dicts in aspell-en. That way
we make sure that those entries that were previously provided by
libpspell4 are always there, thus allowing somebody to use aspell-en for
all english dicts and ispell for the other ones, without even having
i{american,british} installed.

> At any rate, I am quite happy that Domenico pushed us towards integration of
> Pspell support.  We obtained AbiWord support (almost) for free and it will
> open the way for all applications using libpspell (sylpheed-claws and balsa,
> among others).

Yes, I am also very surprised about how useful is pspell.

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html