[Dict-common-dev] Experimental support for regions-to-spelling.map

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:25:48 +0200

Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>>This can affect people using only aspell dicts and wordlists.
>>dictionaries-common would then divert the regions-to-spelling.map file,
>>but no new file is created since no ispell dictionary is installed.
>>

> this is a problem. think at a aspell user that is not going to install
> an ispell dictionary. he will never get a valid regions-to-spelling.map!

Then we must preserve the diversion, so if dictionaries-common is not
installed there is always a valid regions-to-spelling.map. In the
future, when we know more about how to deal with dictionaries-common and
aspell this latter might depend on dictionaries-common. That would be
required if some sort of update-default-aspell script is used to add
entries from aspell dicts to regions-to-spelling.map file.

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html