[Dict-common-dev] Re. aspell Fixes pending upload

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:33:30 +0100

> These bugs are all fixed in the pending upload of Aspell 0.50.x, which
> is currently being held back due to a licensing dispute that should be
> resolved shortly.

Have you already notified maintainers of abiword and other apps using
pspell that new aspell no longer has pspell support and that they must
choose explicitely whether to use ispell or aspell in their apps?

I personally prefer the old way (pspell) of doing things, although it
will become a dead end at some time, and would keep it until the affix
compresion support is merged into aspell, but that is only my point of view.

I am cc'ing to the dict-common mailing list, since we were considering
how to merge aspell into the Debian dictionaries policy at

http://dict-common.sourceforge.net/

and everything it had was for the old aspell.

By the way, seems that the new libtool has fixed the hppa FTBFS bug,
even with old aspell. I am trying that now, but I have to leave. Will
try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Agustin

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html