[Dict-common-dev] Re: aspell Fixes pending upload

Rafael Laboissiere dict-common-dev@lists.sourceforge.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:02:56 +0100

* Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> [2002-11-19 15:26]:

> Hmm, I'm not sure how the new Aspell would be integrated into that policy.
> It seems to be pretty much independent of ispell and its dictionaries.

You are 100% right.  The new Policy have been created originally to fix the
problem of using update-alternatives to set symlinks in /usr/lib/ispell and
to introduce a debconf-base configuration.  We also added lately support for
emacsen, jed and mutt, what is a big improvement, too. Aspell support will
probably have a completely different implementation.

> If there's anything I can do to help though, please let me know.

I think that what we need now are just ideas about how to have integrated
aspell support (dictionary and application packages).  It would be great to
have some default choice based on locale.  To sum up, things are pretty open
right now (specially since the pspell project is dead).

--
Rafael