[Dict-common-dev] Uploaded other uploader (ureleasedeb)
Agustín Martín Domingo
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 17:21:10 +0200
Just to let you know that I have just uploaded to sourceforge a modified
version of the uploading script 'sf-dictrelease'. Since it is of much
more general purpose that 'sf-dictrelease' I renamed it to
'ureleasedeb', and I hope it will be able to manage remote unofficial
apt-able debian repositories in a more general way.
It is more experimental than the old sf-dictrelease and has been tested
only by me, so take with much more care, although I have been using it
without problems for a while (those upload reports with changelog entries).
To use it, simply:
will create a sample ~/.ureleasedeb.rc. Put your sf username into the
dict-common profile and you are ready. From the build directory,
ureleasedeb --remote --profile=dict-common
will do the work. For those not suscribed to dict-common-cvs this is the
* Initial Release.
* This is a much improved version of the original 'sf-dictrelease'
script we used to upload ispell dictionaries and wordlist debian
packages to the staging area at sourceforge. Code has been
generalized to maintain any sort of unofficial debian repositories
in a similar way. With respect to 'sf-dictrelease' these are the
- Renamed to 'ureleasedeb' to be more general. Also the default
initialization file has been renamed to '~/.ureleasedeb.rc'.
- Generalized the code to work with other repositories in a
simpler way. Also code has been simplified in some places.
- There is no default upload site now. Things have to be
specified in the command line or in the initialization file.
- Now option parsing uses getopt instead of a built-in parser.
- Temporary directories are now created using 'mktemp'.
- Now uses 'dpkg-parsechangelog' in the upload messages. This
provides with more useful information.
- Better variable checking for some undefined vars.
- Preliminary support for uploading from architectures different
Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid) tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,