[Dict-common-dev] Details about the transition

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:13:12 +0200

* Agustín Martín Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-09-10 19:56]:

> I see two possibilities, depending on whether dictionaries-common is
> uploaded at the beginning or at the end of the process (IDWP=ispell
> dictionaries and wordlist packages):
>
> At the beginning:
>  - Upload dictionaries-common to Debian. [...]
>
> At the end:
>  - First most IDWP are uploaded. [...]

> There is really an intermediate possibility:
>
> - start uploading IDWP at the same time dictionaries-common is uploaded
> to Debian, that being the real deadline. [...]

My feeling on this issue is that unstable is expected to be, I would say,
unstable.  I should not care about users that are tracking unstable.  Smart
users would track testing instead of unstable.  Hence, I would go for the
second possibility: let us establish a deadline for upload of new-style IDWP
packages to unstable (say, end of September).  At that date,
dictionaries-common will be uploaded, and all the packages will smoothly
make their way into testing.

We have just to courteously close the eventual bug reports that will pop out
during the transition period.

--
Rafael