[Dict-common-dev] Details about the transition

Jakob Bohm jbj@image.dk
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:58:11 +0200

Forgive a mere user for asking, but how about this plan:

1. A complete set of packages are prepared and uploaded to the
staging area at sf.net .  You seem to be already doing that
anyway.

2. When all is ready, ONE person takes the entire sf.net staging
area, including the signed upload messages from each developer,
and uploads it to master in one big go.  For speed, run ftp from
an ssh session on a machine near master (or master itself).  If
I understand the upload process right (I probably don't), the
signed upload messages will make this count as the original
uploaders doing the uploads all at the same time.

Keep up the great work

Jakob

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:13:12AM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Agust=EDn Mart=EDn Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-09-10 19:56]:
>=20
> > I see two possibilities, depending on whether dictionaries-common is=20
> > uploaded at the beginning or at the end of the process (IDWP=3Dispell=
=20
> > dictionaries and wordlist packages):
> >=20
> > At the beginning:
> >  - Upload dictionaries-common to Debian. [...]
> >=20
> > At the end:
> >  - First most IDWP are uploaded. [...]
>=20
> > There is really an intermediate possibility:
> >=20
> > - start uploading IDWP at the same time dictionaries-common is upload=
ed=20
> > to Debian, that being the real deadline. [...]
>=20
> My feeling on this issue is that unstable is expected to be, I would sa=
y,
> unstable.  I should not care about users that are tracking unstable.  S=
mart
> users would track testing instead of unstable.  Hence, I would go for t=
he
> second possibility: let us establish a deadline for upload of new-style=
 IDWP
> packages to unstable (say, end of September).  At that date,
> dictionaries-common will be uploaded, and all the packages will smoothl=
> make their way into testing.
>=20
> We have just to courteously close the eventual bug reports that will po=
p out
> during the transition period.
>=20
> --=20
> Rafael

--=20
This message is hastily written, please ignore any unpleasant wordings,
do not consider it a binding commitment, even if its phrasing may
indicate so. Its contents may be deliberately or accidentally untrue.
Trademarks and other things belong to their owners, if any.