[Dict-common-dev] myspell support

Agustin Martin Domingo Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org>
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:43:50 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

>>I made the assumption that the upstream aff and dic files are located at
>>the top dir.  We might introduce an option to allow overrideing of the
>>location of the files in the build tree.

Hi, Rafael,

Thanks for your feedback, I still could not check your patch, so this is
only a preliminary reply.

I would prefer not playing with the {dic,aff} installation as a default
behavior but only if specifically requested, people might have some
different setups and is not that hard to do the right 'install ...'.
E.g. in spanish I have the .dic file that is generated in the top dir
from the ispell munched wordlist at build time, and the aff file that is
taken from es_ES.zip (I will probably generate it from ispell aff file
via a script shortly) and is at the debian subdir. Other people might
want to do some fine tuning of that files at build time without
overwriting the original ones, so using different names before
installation. Trying to deal with all this stuff as the default option
does not look simple. It is however fine if it is done as an option that
  will be useful for most dicts made directly from the xx_XX.zip file.

On the other hand, I find autogenerating symlinks desirable.

> I tried to implement this with an option, like "--srcdir=some/dir", but it
> is not possible, since debhelper hijacks all the options when init() is run.

I think it puts all parsed options into the %dh array (see, e.g.,
/usr/bin/dh_installinit code), but I took only a first look into it.

Cheers,

--
Agustin