[Dict-common-dev] myspell support

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@psy.mpg.de>
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:03:30 +0200

* Agustin Martin Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2003-10-20 11:43]:

> I would prefer not playing with the {dic,aff} installation as a default
> behavior but only if specifically requested, people might have some
> different setups and is not that hard to do the right 'install ...'.  E.g.
> in spanish I have the .dic file that is generated in the top dir from the
> ispell munched wordlist at build time, and the aff file that is taken from
> es_ES.zip (I will probably generate it from ispell aff file via a script
> shortly) and is at the debian subdir. Other people might want to do some
> fine tuning of that files at build time without overwriting the original
> ones, so using different names before installation. Trying to deal with all
> this stuff as the default option does not look simple. It is however fine
> if it is done as an option that will be useful for most dicts made directly
> from the xx_XX.zip file.

I understand.  I will change the patch to not install the aff and dic files
by default, only at user's request.

> On the other hand, I find autogenerating symlinks desirable.

Should this be the default behavior?

> I think it puts all parsed options into the %dh array (see, e.g.,
> /usr/bin/dh_installinit code), but I took only a first look into it.

The problem is that all the possible options are hardcoded in Dh_Getopt.pm
(sub parseopts).  If I give an unknown option to a debhelper script, it will
bomb at init(), before the script has a chance to look into %dh.  There is
perhaps a way to override this behavior.  I will investigate deeper.

--
Rafael