[Dict-common-dev] debhelper-like scripts for myspell support

Agustin Martin Domingo Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@psy.mpg.de>
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:21:31 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
>=20
>>On the other hand, I find autogenerating symlinks desirable.
>=20
>=20
> Should this be the default behavior?
>=20

Since you use 'ln -sf', having that as default behavior should not break =

anything. So I think that having that as default behavior is a good=20
thing. What do you think, Ren=E9?

>=20
> The problem is that all the possible options are hardcoded in Dh_Getopt=
=2Epm
> (sub parseopts).  If I give an unknown option to a debhelper script, it=
 will
> bomb at init(), before the script has a chance to look into %dh.  There=
 is
> perhaps a way to override this behavior.  I will investigate deeper.
>=20

You are right, looking at dh_installinit I had the hope that new options =

could be added there, but I was clearly wrong. May be you can hijack the =

--sourcedir option. Seems that it is not a debhelper global option, and=20
I see no other possible use for it in installdeb-myspell.

--=20
Agustin