[Dict-common-dev] dictionary packaging

Agustin Martin agustin.martin at hispalinux.es
Mon Oct 6 10:26:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 06:41:13PM -0400, Mike McWay wrote:
> thanks Agustin and Rene. sorry about the direct email, your names were at
> the top of the debian guide. didnt know about the email list.
>
> I did have the postinst and postrm files in the wrong place. I also added an
> empty .aff file which appeased OpenOffice. i think i've got everything
> working right now.
>
> i was really just putting this into an Ubuntu
> PPA<https://launchpad.net/%7Espanella/+archive>,
> but if debian would be interested in a Medical dictionary upstream I'd be
> happy to go through the appropriate channels.

Note that there is already a German medical dictionary in Debian, along with
a wordlist

hunspell-de-med - German medical dictionary for hunspell
wgerman-medical - German medical dictionary words for /usr/share/dict

so be very very careful with name clashes. Seems to have a different
upstream.

It is designed as an auxiliary hunspell dict, which as I am reading now, does
not need an .aff file, as long as is used with a main dictionary. hunspell
is evolving so quickly that new features are sometimes not noticed.

Cheers,

--
Agustin