[Docker-maint] docker-libkv_0.0~git20150829.0.2954a88-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Dmitry Smirnov onlyjob at debian.org
Wed Sep 16 16:52:31 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 16 September 2015 12:38:06 Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> In theory no -- libkv is a support library. My intent is to have
> packages which depend on docker itself -- stuff like the docker API --
> in the team, so that they're not blocked by a docker update.
>
> Stuff like Kubernetes uses the Docker API. If a Docker update breaks it,
> I want that same team to be able to upload Kubernetes.

The problem with this logic is that common dependency of something in "pkg-
go" and "docker-maint" would require one team to handle it (i.e. one team
will be waiting for another).

I'm not sure if I could work on docker without membership in pkg-go. Obvious
solution is to move everything to "pkg-go" and abandon "docker-maint"...

> This package looks to be a fit for pkg-go. pkg-docker isn't everything
> under github.com/docker/*, it's stuff that depends on the version of
> docker in the archive.

Well, following your idea that team should be able to upload corresponding
packages to fix breakage, libkv is better to be in "docker-maint" because
"docker-swarm" needs it... Unless we want both packages in "pkg-go" which
brings me back to question what "docker-maint" is for if everything should go
to "pkg-go"?

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

The more false we destroy the more room there will be for the true.
         -- Robert G. Ingersoll, 1902