[Docker-maint] docker-libkv_0.0~git20150829.0.2954a88-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Wed Sep 16 16:38:06 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 09:32:25AM -0700, Tianon Gravi wrote:
> On 16 September 2015 at 09:27, Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob at debian.org> wrote:
> > Why? Aren't they a perfect fit for docker team?
>
> In theory, yes, but in practice the "pkg-go" team is much better
> equipped to handle them, since they're really very standard Go
> packagings (which is why I'm working on "docker-registry" and "notary"
> over in "pkg-go", and why I moved "rawdns" over as well).

In theory no -- libkv is a support library. My intent is to have
packages which depend on docker itself -- stuff like the docker API --
in the team, so that they're not blocked by a docker update.

Stuff like Kubernetes uses the Docker API. If a Docker update breaks it,
I want that same team to be able to upload Kubernetes.

This package looks to be a fit for pkg-go. pkg-docker isn't everything
under github.com/docker/*, it's stuff that depends on the version of
docker in the archive.

> > Remember how Paul asked me to maintain Kubernetes in Docker team? How is
> > Swarm different?
>
> I don't recall seeing a conversation along those lines, but I would
> definitely be curious to hear the rationale for why "docker-maint"
> could/would maintain this better than the larger "pkg-go" team.

Cheers,
   Paul