[dpl-helpers] meeting reminder - regrets

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Fri Dec 28 16:25:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:34:53PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> PS at the meeting time I won't be at home, but I expect to have mobile
>    connectivity and a place where to hang my laptop. If I'm late, that's
>    why.

So, I've been too optimistic. In the end, I'm in a place with poor
mobile network coverage and a guest wi-fi that disconnects and lags very
often. It's almost acceptable for mail/git, but unacceptable to make
synchronous IRC sessions. Bottom line: I won't be able to make the IRC
meeting, less than 2 hours from now. I apologize.

I would appreciate if you can meet nonetheless, if only to review the
outstanding work items from last meeting and re-activate them if needed.
On my side, here is a report:

1) "zack to add a top-level TODO list" -> DONE, as you've seen from
   today's KGB logs on IRC. It is not complete yet, I've some more that
   still need migrations from my personal TODO list there, will happen
   during next week. Please assign to me a related action.

2) "zack to write an outline of the -companies announcement and mail it
   to press at d.o" -> still TODO

3) "zack to contact debconf-team to draft a "job description" for future
   delegation" -> still TODO

As a consequence of (1), there is plenty of new stuff to work on, in
case it might attract your interest.

All in all, I think that a DPL helpers meeting without the DPL would be
a pretty useful exercise: after all we're trying to make the DPL
replaceable :-P. Please use MeetBot so that I --- and others --- can
have a look at the logs.  In any case, the next(next(meeting)) is
already scheduled for January 8th, at the usual time. I will make *that*
one.

Enjoy, and happy new year to everybody.
Cheers.
--