[Foo2zjs-maintainer] first upload and future steps

Michael Koch konqueror at gmx.de
Sat Jul 21 07:42:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 06:33:27PM +0200, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> Hi mates
>
> The first team maintained upload of foo2zjs just happened.
> Please check out the svn and read the README file. If there are any
> problems, do not hesitate to ask.
> There are still 2 open bugs against the foo2zjs package. Please also feel free
> to test the package, which is now in experimental. I would like to address
> the bug #419038 . It complains about the missing instructions to download the
> firmware. We at least need to give some instructions about that in the
> README.Debian file. Maybe someone has the time to test the getweb script and
> work on the bug? :) Afterwards, I think it would be best to bring the current
> version into unstable and then into testing. Let's make sure that we always
> reach testing, before uploading new upstream versions to unstable.
> Beside that, all discussions can be gone through this list now :)
> Every co-maintainer should subscribe to both lists though (-maintainer
> and -commits).
>
> Again thanks a lot for the team maintaining and I am looking forward to it :)

I will check it out today and test it with our printer.

What I would like is to provide backports of the package for etch. Our
printing servers are running etch and I would like to have a clean,
simple upgrade path for the package.

Personally I think the description of how to get a printer working needs
to be improved. Its also hard for a user to find out that this package
also contains the stuff from upstream foo2qpdl, foo2hp and foo2lava.
A simple 'apt-get search ...' doesnt show a package for the printers
provided by these parts of the package.

Cheers,
Michael