RFS: ed2k-hash

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz tiago at debian-ba.org
Thu Sep 10 20:58:49 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:46:13AM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago at debian-ba.org> [20090910 05:34]:
>
> > I've just finished the ed2k-hash package, which closes #543382.
>
> > There are at least two other ways to generate ed2k links from a Debian
> > system[0]. However, I think it worths having a litle and single binary which
> > does well the job. Also, I consider it's related to forensics activities. I've
> > been using it for a couple of months for this purpose in my job.
>
> > So, please let me know if any of you from Debian Forensics packaging team are
> > interested in sponsoring ed2k-hash. We can push it to the team's repository if
> > prefered.
>
> > dget http://edvac.debianbrasil.org/~tiagovaz/ed2k-hash_0.3.3-1.dsc
>
> % lintian -IE ../ed2k-hash_0.3.3-1_i386.changes
> W: ed2k-hash source: ancient-libtool admin/ltconfig

I'm keeping in touch with upstream to solve this soon. However, I think it's
not a blocker issue for the first upload. I prefer trying to push it as it is
than patching now.

> In debian/control there's:
>
> Homepage: http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net
> Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/rakarrack.git
> Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/rakarrack.git
>
> Huh?

Oops, sorry. Bad copy/paste :)

> You're using cdbs whereas the debian forensics team decided to use
> plain debhelper only, see
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/forensics-devel/2008-February/000013.html
> I'd prefer if ed2k-hash would use debhelper as well.

Using dh now.

> If you fix those issues we could integrate ed2k-hash into the
> debian-forensic project and I'd sponsor the package for you.

Thanks! Please have a look on it (same address above) and feel free to import
to debian-forensic repository. You can change the needed fields in control or
anything you may want. I ask you just to let myself as uploader.

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org