Statue of fatback in Debian

Christophe Monniez christophe.monniez at fccu.be
Fri Jan 8 06:42:27 UTC 2010

Le jeudi 07 janvier 2010 à 18:05 +0100, Michael Prokop a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> has anyone of tried to resolve the situation of fatback?
>
> regards,
> -mika-
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Torsten Werner <ftpmaster at debian.org> -----
>
> From: Torsten Werner <ftpmaster at debian.org>
> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 23:21:41 +0000
> Subject: fatback_1.3-1_i386.changes REJECTED
>
> Hi,
>
> the files fatback-manual.* state
>   Copyright @copyright{} 2000-2001 DoD Computer Forensics Lab
>   This manual and the Fatback program are for @strong{government and law
>   enforcement use only}.
> which is incompatible to the DFSG.
>
> The copyright of getopt.* is also not documented in the copyright file.
>
> Cheers,
> Torsten

Hi,

I did not try to solve the situtation ... that seems unsolvable.
As far as I'm not very happy with the use of fatback (not good results)
and the fact that the licenses are not suitable for inclusion into
Debian, I propose to not package fatback and concentrate our effort on
better tools.

--
Christophe Monniez <christophe.monniez at fccu.be>