[Freefont-devel] Various freefont problems

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis@panayotis.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:19:48 +0200

The problem is with the vertical distances.
As it has been said, there is no "default" (automatic) way to find out
which is the optimum height of a font. AFAIK fontforge does not try to
do anything about it and the authors (correclty) claim that there is
no universal way to define the correct height of a font.

>From what I've seen, the people at sourceforge help others on how to
calculate this distance. The problem (in my point of view) is how to
be able to do this automatically for every version of freefonts that
may appear in the future (or any other similar font family).

I hope I helped.

--
panayotis@panayotis.com