[Freewx-maint] Any plans for wxPython 4.0?

Philipp Huebner debalance at debian.org
Wed Jan 24 14:36:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am 24.01.2018 um 15:23 schrieb Scott Talbert:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Philipp Huebner wrote:
>
>> (please keep me CC'ed)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> are there any plans regarding wxPython 4.0 for Debian?
>>
>> It's needed for #888245.
>
> Yes, I am planning to package it (and have started work on it).
> However, I'm waiting for the first official release of wxPython 4.0 in
> order to submit the new package.  So far it is at RC stage.

okay, sounds good!

For me it would be helpful to have the 4.0 package sooner rather than
later. Do you have it in a public VCS and/or are willing to share it
with me?

If you don't want the "rc-only" package to enter unstable/testing you
could also just upload it to experimental.

Let me know if you need sponsoring, granting dm privileges or whatever.

Best wishes,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Huebner <debalance at debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225  3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F