[Glibc-bsd-devel] gcc-3.3 and libtool 1.5

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:59:04 +0100

Hi!

Today I finished porting gcc-3.3 to GNU/kNetBSD. I uploaded the following
packages to gnuab:

  - gcc-3.3 (netbsd-i386 source)
  - gcc-defaults (netbsd-i386)
  - gcc-defaults-kbsd (source, restricts it to freebsd-i386)

People building packages (i.e: Santiago) should note:

  - Replacing gcc-3.4 with gcc-3.3 results in a great increase in the
    amount of packages we can build.
  - You'll have to manualy downgrade some packages in order for the
    migration to take effect on your development system.

Guillem, could you remove the netbsd-i386 binaries corresponding to the
gcc-defaults-kbsd source package? These binaries are only useful for
kfreebsd-gnu now and otherwise prevent us from using the standard gcc-defaults
package on knetbsd-gnu.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)