[Glibc-bsd-devel] gdb and nvi (and glibc!)

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:40:10 +0100

Hi!

I just finished porting gdb to gnu/knetbsd. It works pretty well (with
symbols and all) except for that annoying terminal warning (probably due
to our well-known /dev/tty missconfiguration). source+binaries have been
uploaded to gnuab a while ago.

Thanks to our new friend the gnu debugger, I found which source line in nvi
is causing it to break (cl/cl_main.c:364). sigaddset exits with non-zero, but
doesn't set errno. The result is that the errno can be just about anything.

This is obviously a bug in Glibc, and it shouldn't be hard to fix if it wasn't
because Glibc isn't in a buildable state now.

So my next goal is to strike at glibc. I'm going to try with the debian patched
version 2.3.1-5, which is known to build on i386-gnu (see the debian archive)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)