[Glibc-bsd-devel] ia64 donation for GNU/KFreeBSD

Nathan Hawkins utsl@quic.net
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:50:17 -0400

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:19:08PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> Hi Bdale!
>
> Guillem told me that when he spoke with you about our efforts on GNU/KFreeBSD
> you offered him to provide an ia64 box for the port.
>
> That's very kind of you! Please could you tell us the estimated time for that?
> We want to setup a box for our public repository and depending on this ETA we
> might opt for waiting or using a cheap i386 box for now.

It might be worth noting that FreeBSD 5.0+ runs on ia64, so a port could
be possible if we had such a box. With jails, we can safely run the
repository and still do drastic development on the machine.

	---Nathan