[Glibc-bsd-devel] Re: comments on the FreeBSD packages

Nathan Hawkins utsl@quic.net
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:35:15 -0400

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:50:48PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 09:07:38PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
> >
> > True. I'm just limited on time. Lately, I have been working long hours,
> > and have limited windows of time to get on the internet. :(
> >
> > So I concentrate on what I can do at home.
>
> I see.. well, i look forward for when you can put the stuff in CVS.

That should be possible now. I quit my job, so I'll have some time over
the next couple days (or weeks), at least.

> > > No matter (as long as we don't have to bootstrap them)
> >
> > No just build the new libc5, and the others will be fine. I added a
> > couple libs for some of the new utilities.
>
> Uhm, it seems there is trouble bootstrapping:
>
>  - make is built against the old libc5 package and gets relocation errors
>    when run with the new one.
>  - i can't rebuild make with the new libc5 package, because if i install
>    it, then the old make will stop working.
>
> Please could you upload some binaries?

Ok, these are being uploaded to people.debian.org now. Sorry about the
excessive delay.

	---Nathan