[Glibc-bsd-devel] install

Guischlouk guischlouk@yahoo.fr
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:57:10 +0100

Hello,

Finaly (I mean after 20 tries =) i manage to install the new tarball over
a kfreebsd.

The swap script works perfectly now, with the comments lines.

But the native-install one not.
It ended with a dpkg error about the sysvinit package.
I managed to install it by hand (dpkg -i) and it works.

This script also ends with a message for the hurd install, and i think
should not appear here (or not saying it is a hurd install ;)

I also had to change the passwd by hand (the previous swap script take care
of this).

But the point that disturb me the more is the fact that I also had to install
the login package by hand because at reboot, I could not open a session.

The last point are just that I have to complete the network config by hand
(no script setup like in previous tarball) and the fstab file (but the message
at the end of the native script tells that you have to do it for the swap partition
if needed).

That's all and it's great to have the system now.

One question, for the packages who depends on the libc6, you have to take the
glibc-bsd ?

--
 Guischlouk
 Mr RooT, May The Force Be With You !!!