[Glibc-bsd-devel] packages not available with apt-get

Guischlouk guischlouk@yahoo.fr
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:48:27 +0100

ok,

in debian/control i have:
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}

but I have only commented lines in the shlibdeps.default and shlibdeps.over=
ride
files.

So, do I have to add libc1 has the lib by default in one of those files ?

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, H=E9ctor Garc=EDa =C1lvarez wrote:
>=20
> > To fix the problems on packages too linux centric edit the
> > debian/control archive and change the build depend from libc6 to
> > libc6-dev | libc1-dev to allow the use of either one.
>=20
> However, please note that this should only be required for versioned
> build-dependencies, like "Build-Depends: libc6 (>=3D 2.2)".
>=20
> If the build-dependency is not versioned, nothing is required, since
> libc6-dev, libc1-dev, etc. are build-essential.
>=20
> > And in case there is a depend on libc6 you should change it to libc6 |
> > libc1
>=20
> And in this case dpkg-shlibdeps (or its debhelper frontend) should
> already take care of that.

--=20
 Guischlouk
 Mr RooT, May The Force Be With You !!!