[Glibc-bsd-devel] packages not available with apt-get

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:54:38 +0100

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 02:47:59PM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> > Urgh. That triplet is wrong, it should print "i386-pc-kfreebsd-gnu".
> >
> > If you got this when running GNU/Linux, it doesn't matter. But when compiling
> > stuff on GNU/KFreeBSD, make sure the following command:
> >
> >   "dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM"
> >
> > prints "kfreebsd-gnu". Printing the wrong triplet may produce broken packages,
> > so if it doesn't, edit /usr/bin/dpkg-architecture and fix it manualy.
>
> dpkg-architecture hadn't been fixed in the binary package last I knew.

My patch is in BTS, and dpkg maintainer said off-list that it seems ok. So
I'll just wait a while.

For now, we can build a fixed dpkg-dev and upload it to gnuab.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)