exclude package list for buildd

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:08:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm pasting here the list of packages I have in exclude list for my buildd.
"weak_", in case you don't know, means the package is only tried when the
buildd is idle and has nothing better to do.

The only goal I contemplated here is to avoid wasted bandwidth (and, secondly,
CPU).  Please have a look to the list.  Maybe you find something that is
worth adding in other buildds.  Also if you have any suggestions please let
me know.

Lines 1 and 2 are for packages that are deprecated in some way, and we might
not attempt to port them at all.

3 and 4 are for packages that are (at least currently) only meant to work on
Linux.  (Of course, since Guillem maintains gpm this one is a candidate for
disappearing from the black list ;)

  @no_auto_build = qw(xfree86v3 gcc272 gcc-2.95 gcc-3.2 gcc-3.3 gcc-3.4 \
  ncurses4.2 python2.1 python2.2 \
  modutils module-init-tools libc altgcc dietlibc uclibc procps psmisc \
  alsa-source gpm user-mode-linux);

Below, big packages that are very likely to fail without patching.

  @weak_no_auto_build = qw(xfree86 gdb gcc-3.5 gcc-snapshot binutils \
  python2.3 perl coreutils openoffice.org mozilla galeon glibc);

--
Robert Millan

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))