exclude package list for buildd

Guillem Jover guillem@debian.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:28:47 +0200

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:08:22PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> I'm pasting here the list of packages I have in exclude list for my buildd.
> "weak_", in case you don't know, means the package is only tried when the
> buildd is idle and has nothing better to do.

Maybe better use Packages-arch-specific, so we can have only one
list once we have an unified wanna-build, and then merge it with
the dak one.

> The only goal I contemplated here is to avoid wasted bandwidth (and, secondly,
> CPU).  Please have a look to the list.  Maybe you find something that is
> worth adding in other buildds.  Also if you have any suggestions please let
> me know.

I recall adding some stuff to gnuab Packages-arch-specific but cannot
remember now. :>

> 3 and 4 are for packages that are (at least currently) only meant to work on
> Linux.  (Of course, since Guillem maintains gpm this one is a candidate for
> disappearing from the black list ;)

Well I'll try macking it arch any in the future. =)

> Below, big packages that are very likely to fail without patching.
>
>   @weak_no_auto_build = qw(xfree86 gdb gcc-3.5 gcc-snapshot binutils \
>   python2.3 perl coreutils openoffice.org mozilla galeon glibc);

Does will have to be kept in the buildds as there is no similar thing on
quinn-diff.

regards,
guillem