[Glibc-bsd-devel] New install report, updated documentation and issues

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Fri, 7 May 2004 21:27:25 +0200

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 03:28:01PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:

> I've upload a saner version of ufsutils to gnuab. The version has
> changed (lower), as the one now in the archive was upload by Robert
> and it was not intended to be uploaded, only a testing version. :>

I really had to upload this when my hacked ufsutils from freebsd-utils
package broke miserabily ;).

> I'll be fixing the sysvinit to not produce those errors on startup, and
> inetutils to fix some issues, then I think we'll have a proper startup
> sequence. I've to fix fsck.ufs not honouring -a or the script invoking it.

With current versions of sysvinit/e2fsprogs/freebsd-utils, /sbin/fsck is
provided by e2fsprogs.

As said in the fsck manpage, fsck converts -a to -p when passing it to
fsck.ufs. Please investigate this before changing the sysvinit invocation
of fsck. Note that sysvinit's calls to fsck are supposed to be filesystem
independant already.

> I would like to have all those docs on a svn repo somewhere, so we all
> can update them without having dupes all over the place. Where do you
> think would be apropriate?

Sure. You can add it to the glibc-bsd repo if you like, untill we find a
better place (or not).

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)