[Glibc-bsd-devel] Re: Merged all scatered status and todo info into alioth webpage

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Tue, 11 May 2004 16:49:15 +0200

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:31:56AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've merged all the STATUS and TODO infos that were all over the
> place, so now we can all change it and have it in sync. It's on the
> svn repo <svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/glibc-bsd/web/>, and can be seen
> on the web <http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/>.

Ah. Kudos! The doco in this project would really suck without you ;)

I'm going to review the TODO and commit some misc updates.

> I've removed the ld.so item, as it's now fixed. Can I remove the
> binutils item on the TODO file.

There's the ld.so problem, but also libtool and config.guess stuff. All are
fixed in gnuab, but the fixes need to spread. I'll commit some changes to
reflect this.

> Is the GDB related item on the TODO file
> now "collaterally" fixed. =) Robert can you confirm?

I believe GDB was "collaterally" fixed some time ago. Also, my patches have
been merged upstream already. However, GDB heavily depends on kfreebsd-headers
which contain more bugs than a Florida swamp. Hence it won't build.

> If GDB is fixed I think the major problem that we face now is name
> resolving, I'll take a look at that or GDB if that's still not fixed.

I made some progress with that, so when you want to work on it drop me a note
and I'll tell you what I could find out.

Actualy I'd really appreciate if you or anyone could take this task, since I'm
currently busy preparing a `kfreebsd5' package that builds on Glibc (based
on Nathan's).

> Once these two high priority bugs are fixed we'll be able to have a
> buildd (not that Santiago is doing a bad job as a buildd, :> but
> a machine will be able to not rest :).

Erm.. "two"? I thought the resolver bug was the only one holding this.

> Also how are those packages going Hector?

Hector: I uploaded a fixed perl the other day, if that helps. I also sent
(finaly!) the perl patch to the BTS.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)