new here

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:27:17 +0200

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:06:53AM +0200, N?her -D?me- M?rton wrote:
> HI all!
> I'm Marton Neher, and I've just subscribed to this list.
> Few days ago i tried to put up this debian/kfreebsd.
> Now it can boot, and nothing really more.
> I had some really troubles with network configuration (everything is correct,
> but doesn't seems to work, perhaps later with dhcp),

Can you be more specific about the setup and errors you get?

> and the installation of
> anything else. If i give the command: dpkg -i xxxx.deb, it fails because i
> have kfreebsd, not i386. If i say --force-all, i could'nt run the stuff,
> because it is linux binary. (Or any other stuff from my old linux with
> chroot). I tried putting 'linux_enable="YES"' to the /etc/rc.config, but
> doesn't seems to work.
> And i don't really know how can the linux.ko (i hope, that is the module)
> instert?

You don't need to use linux-gnu binaries under emulation whatsoever, just
install the normal kfreebsd-gnu packages from the gnuab archive using apt or
the like.

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :