Little installation report

Robin Elfrink elfrink@introweb.nl
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:04:17 +0100

Hi,

About a week ago I built myself a new livecd.iso to install Debian
GNU/kFreeBSD on another box.

I found that mkfs.ufs will not finish creating a filesystem, because it
wants user operator for something, and only root exists on the livecd. I
fixed this by letting FreeBSD install do the newfs, and kicking the box
before it starts installing base.

Also totd would not configure due to perl's geopt not being installed at
the time totd is configured.

It would be nice to have ssh installed by /native-install so I don't
have to switch monitor/keyboard cables every time I need to lookup
something on the net while trying to install

Robin