RFP: sharity-light -- Portable, userland implementation of SMBFS

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:39:30 +0100

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:42:33AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:

> sharity-light is a portable SMBFS client that runs entirely in userland and
> interacts with the kernel via an emulated NFS interface.  Linux, kFreeBSD and
> kNetBSD are supported.  More can be added without difficulty.

Uhm.  It's worth noting that kFreeBSD 5.x includes samba client support in
the kernel.  I just got confused because of the missing mount_smbfs command
in freebsd-utils :).

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :