DNS resolver on kFreeBSD finally fixed

Aurelien Jarno aurelien@aurel32.net
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:21:31 +0100

Hi all,

In my previous mail to the list, I explained that the DNS resolver of
the glibc was working with IPv6 but not with IPv4 nameservers.

Since then I have found the problem, the value of socklen (the third
argument of connect() ) was always set to the length of an IPv6 socket
address, even for an IPv4 connection. It seems it doesn't hurd the
Linux kernel, but it does for the FreeBSD one.

I have uploaded a fixed version of the glibc, that will be available
soon on the ftp (it is currently in incoming).

Bye,
Aurelien

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer